If you don’t think a bank can help your business mitigate risk, control expenses and manage cash flow, maybe it’s time to bank differently.
At Comerica, we’ve become the Leading Bank for Business*
by providing more than just banking basics.
Our needs-based consultative process is built around
providing business advice and not just banking products.
At Comerica, our clients seek solutions for protecting their businesses, not just rates and terms.
That’s why our bankers provide more than just banking products.
As one of the few banks with a dedicated captive insurance team, our advisors are here to help your business plan develop, and manage a captive.
Companies of all sizes with annual insurance premiums totaling at least $500,000 among workers’ compensation, general liability, medical malpractice, automobile, property, warranty and other forms of insurance can benefit from a captive.
A reinsurance trust is not the same as a custody account. Obvious to us, but often misunderstood by businesses interested in captive insurance.
We help companies who are:
• Learning about the benefits of captive insurance
• Seeking advice on finding a service provider such as a captive insurance manager or selecting a domicile
• Establishing a captive and looking for competitive, trustworthy banking options for their captives
manage the type and amount of risk you wish to retain, even for risks that are uninsurable in the commercial market.
Manage cash flow
control your premium payments and the investment strategy for them.
bypass commercial insurance markets and retain underwriting profits and investment income.
That’s why our captive insurance advisors begin by understanding your business from the ground up before we recommend how to help you protect your entity.
Our needs-based consultative process is built around you and not us, with customized solutions including:
• Letters of credit (required by fronting insurance companies)
• Trust services, including Regulation 114 Trusts (agreement between a captive, a fronting insurance company and a bank)
• Custody services to hold assets of a captive either onshore or offshore
• Investment management for captive premiums and assets¹
• Financing solutions²
• Managing cash flow
• Foreign exchange solutions
With nearly 150 years of experience serving businesses and
billions in total credit commitments, assets in custody and assets
under management for the captive industry, our long view enables
us to provide fact-based insights to help you plan properly.