By accessing the right automation tools for your business, you’ll be able to spread your small business content across multiple platforms how and when you need to.
For example, if you own a hire store that lends out farm equipment, you may decide to use automated email marketing to release guides on some of your different hire tools each month.
Harness the right automation tools for your business
There are a wide variety of available tools that can enhance your digital presence, enabling success by leveraging social media, email and web services.
An effective marketing automation package will give your small business an avenue to:
- Motivate consumers: To start looking further into what you have to offer and how your goods or services can benefit them.
- Nurture leads: Use your online marketing with the right subtleness and the right timing. For instance, after a prospective customer signs up to your email service, you might immediately consider offering them a deal they can’t refuse.
- Capture sales: Obtain the interest of potential customers where they see your offerings as too good to refuse.
You can set up a schedule of when and where certain content will be posted to your website, blog, social media platforms and potential customers’ email accounts.
Automate your SME content
One of the biggest trends in content marketing is automation. Automation involves being able to program your marketing strategies using powerful mobile apps and web services, or by employing the services of an inbound marketing software platform like Hubspot®️.
Regardless of the kind of business you have, you’re competing for every lead with large companies and small enterprises within your niche. You’ll have to nurture each lead along your sales funnel. As your lead numbers increase, manual lead tracking will become more difficult and automation will become the obvious solution to keeping up.
As a small business owner, email marketing is one of your most effective tactics to improve performance at every stage of your marketing efforts.
A useful email marketing automation tool lets you set up trigger-based workflows so you can leverage opportunities to nurture your leads. For example, some triggers you could utilize include:
- Welcome emails: Thank any new subscribers to your blog or newsletter and give them a preview of the kind of content they’ll get.
- Lead nurturing: If a potential customer has downloaded your ebook or white paper, have an automated email sent to their inbox suggesting what they do next, such as downloading a paid-for piece of content.
- Sales representative notifications: For example, if a lead goes through a few steps and views your pricing page, automatically advise your sales team so they can follow up.
- Abandoned shopping carts: Some businesses will automatically send emails when a customer has abandoned their shopping cart. This needs to be done delicately to avoid a hard-sell approach, but with the aim of encouraging customers to go through with their purchases.
- Calls to action: CTAs encourage your potential customers to take the next step on the journey towards a purchase. For example, they might read some of the content on your landing page and fill out your sign-up box to receive your newsletter.
Use lead magnets
A lot of marketing automation uses lead magnets to gain leads. Some types of lead magnets you might consider using are:
- Guides or reports: For example, if you own a bike shop, you might release a guide weighing up the pros and cons of similarly priced bicycles you’re selling.
- Video training: You could use videos to demonstrate a new product or service you have for sale. For example, if you’re a hairdresser that also sells a range of hair products and tools, you might release videos highlighting your hairdressing skills while also promoting a few of your hair care products.
- Free trials: A common lead magnet for businesses offering subscription services, such as a free 30-day trial for an online music service.
- Discounts or free shipping: If you sell physical goods, discounts or free shipping can be effective types of lead magnets.
You can also automate the advertising space on your site with ad services like Google AdSense®️.
Increase your customer reach
Being able to automate the release of related content can increase your customer reach on a certain topic, product or service and encourage action from your customer base.
You could automate content through an online forum, as a newsletter, and on your website at set times to maximize the effect your content marketing will have.
Enjoy the benefits of automating content
By deciding to automate your small business content, you’ll enjoy a number of benefits that include:
- More timely and relevant communication, by aiming to get the right messages and purchase triggers to your potential customers at the right times.
- Increased customer engagement and revenue by engaging with your potential customers.
- Time saved for other important tasks within your business.
- Opportunities to up- and cross-sell by tempting your customers with additional purchases.
- Get in contact with us at Comerica for financial assistance to improve your content marketing.