Sustainability and corporate responsibility are not just buzzwords at Comerica Bank. We care deeply about the environment and have made good on several green commitments to help our communities and planet thrive long term.
We recognize that the prosperity and well-being of the people, businesses, and communities we serve today - as well as those we will serve tomorrow - depend on sustained access to:
* Natural resources provided by a healthy environment
* Social and human resources provided by healthy communities
We are therefore committed to:
* Protecting and preserving the environment
* Enhancing the human and social capital of the communities in which we do business
Finding solutions to the complex challenges of today's world requires new ways of thinking and an ability to understand how economic, social, and environmental systems interrelate and affect one another. We believe that integrating such an understanding into the ways we live and do business will:
* Serve the best interests of people and the planet
* Improve our company's business performance and create long-term value for our stakeholders
Building a Sustainable Value
We use this figure to explain how our sustainability efforts help build value at Comerica. Our 4 key focus areas include:
*Knowledge and Innovation
*Opportunities and Revenues
*Cost and Risk Reduction
*Reputation and Brand
We look to make progress in each of these areas on a yearly basis. Recognizing that our efforts do not exist in a vacuum, our 4 focus areas are encircled by our stakeholders who may interact with us on each of the areas.
See our reports found in the Additional Resources section of this page for additional information on our value creation approach to sustainability.