Facing Financial Hardships?

Comerica may be able to help.

We’re here when the unexpected happens.

If you’re having a hard time making monthly payments due to unemployment or other unexpected financial hardships, Comerica may be able to help. Let’s work together to find a solution that fits your specific situation.

Call our Loss Mitigation Department at 800-360-6713
(Business hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET)

Understanding your options

No matter what your situation, it’s important to contact Comerica as soon as you begin facing mortgage payment challenges. Our Loss Mitigation Department can answer questions and determine if you’re eligible for the following options.


Lower your monthly payments by replacing your current home loan with a more affordable option.

Learn more for details

Loan Modification or Repayment Term Extension

Modify the terms of your existing loan, which may include your interest rate, length of loan and more.

Other Options

Avoid foreclosure in times of severe financial distress, with a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Call Comerica Loss Mitigation Department 800-360-6713

To evaluate your eligibility for hardship assistance, we may send you a packet requesting an explanation of your hardship and certain financial documentation, including:

  • Income tax returns (prior two years)
  • Proof of income (current pay stubs or profit and loss statement(s) if self-employed)
  • Bank statements
  • Personal financial statement
  • Cash flow worksheet
  • IRS Form 4506-T
  • Closing Disclosures (if applicable)
  • Purchase agreement (if applicable)

Resources for relief and additional help

Other options may be available to you during this difficult time. Contact the resources below to see if you qualify for assistance.

HUD Counseling Line

If you need additional assistance, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) may be able to help by providing free or low-cost credit counseling.

Access the HUD’s voice response system for a list of approved credit counseling agencies at 800-569-4287.

Service Members

If you are a service member or a service member dependent, please contact the toll-free Military OneSource number for further assistance at 800-342-9647.

Visit militaryonesource.mil/Legal for additional service member information.

Call Comerica Loss Mitigation Department 800-360-6713

Personal Finance Insights