In today’s market choosing the right processor can mean the difference between merely accepting bankcard transactions and welcoming them as a profitable part of your business. That’s why we offer Comerica Merchant Services. This convenient solution is designed to meet your needs and help your business succeed.
Accept a range of cards
- American Express®
- Check verification and recovery: check guarantee
- Gift Cards
- Point-of-sale terminal
- Virtual Terminal
- Internet processing
- Debit card processing
- Purchasing card level II and level III
- Check verification, guarantee and recovery
- Telephone Touchtone Capture
More and more companies are requiring that their suppliers accept purchasing cards to simplify the cost, time and paperwork associated with purchasing activities. Similar in appearance to standard credit cards, purchasing cards are designed specifically for business-to-business use.
Purchasing cards give your suppliers better control of their expenses. Moving from a paper-based invoicing system to electronic authorization and payment offers you:
- Payment within days of delivery
- Reduced paperwork and accounts receivable
- Simplified, faster purchasing procedures
- Lower processing costs
- Pre-approved transactions
- Preferred Vendor status under Visa® and MasterCard® International's purchasing card programs
- Ability to verify purchasing authority electronically
The usage and acceptance of debit cards continues to grow as more customers discover this easy and convenient way to make purchases. Used as a substitute for checks, debit card acceptance provides
- Faster point-of-sale transactions
- Less check and cash handling
- Reduced risk of accepting bad or stolen checks
There are two types of debit cards: online and offline.
With online transactions, funds are withdrawn from a customer's checking account at the time of the transaction. Online cards are used at participating merchants and ATMs and require the customer to enter a personal identification number after the card has been swiped through a point-of-sale terminal.
Offline debit cards are treated more like personal checks with the transaction posting to a customer's checking account within a few days of the actual transaction. They can be used at millions of participating merchant locations and ATMs worldwide.