|Here are some tips for
protecting your ATM & debit card:
- Protect your cards as if they were cash. Do not leave them
- Sign your card on the signature panel as soon as you
- Protect your ATM card from damage by keeping it in a safe
place. Don't allow it to bend or be scratched.
- Never disclose your personal identification number (PIN) to
anyone. No one should ask you for your PIN, including representatives
from Comerica Bank.
- Do not disclose confidential information about your card
over the telephone or Internet.
- Always observe the ATM surroundings before conducting a
transaction. Block the view of others when using an ATM or
point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
- When using an ATM machine, look for possible fraudulent
devices attached to the ATM. Report anything suspicious to Comerica
- Never allow the cashier or any other person to enter your
PIN for you, even if they are assisting you with the transaction.
- When selecting a PIN, do not use your initials, birth date,
telephone number, or Social Security number.
- Memorize your PIN. If you must write down your
PIN, do not keep it in your wallet, purse, or on the card itself.
- Check the withdrawal and deposit amounts on your ATM
receipts. If there is a problem with the amount, contact
- Check the purchase amounts on the sales slip before you
sign it. If the amount is different than the amount you owe,
let the sales clerk know. Do not sign the slip.
- Review your bank statements regularly and keep your
statements in a safe place.
- Report lost or stolen cards or unauthorized transactions on
your account to Comerica Bank immediately.