Comerica Bank offers three overdraft services to our customers. Each provides a different level of protection when funds are unavailable in your account to meet your spending needs1
|Standard Overdraft Service
||Standard Overdraft Service (SOS) automatically comes with all checking accounts. |
- Overdraft service for checks and recurring payments (such as ACH transactions and web bill pay) when sufficient funds are not available
- Adds Reliability — may reduce risk for payments already made
- Reduces Risk — may minimize risk of late fees and negative impact to your credit report
|Enhanced Overdraft Service
||Enhanced Overdraft Service (EOS) is available to Comerica customers who confirm participation. |
- Overdraft service for ATM withdrawals/transfers and one-time Comerica Check Card purchases (such as grocery or gas purchases) when sufficient funds are not available
- This service also includes the coverage provided by the Standard Overdraft Service described above
- Provides Peace of Mind — May provide a safety net, especially in an emergency
|Automatic Overdraft Protection2
||Automatic Overdraft Protection (AOP) is available to link to a checking account for customers that currently have or would like to open a Comerica Savings or Money Market Account, or who apply and qualify for a Credit Card or Home Equity Line of Credit. |
- Overdraft service for all types of transactions provided by your funding sources. Most transactions are approved up to the amount of available funds in the linked account
- Saves Money — AOP fees are lower than Standard or Enhanced overdraft fees
Comerica Bank may approve payments, purchases or cash withdrawals based on a variety of factors such as your account tenure, overdraft behavior or balance information. The SOS and EOS are discretionary overdraft services; if factors warrant, Comerica may not pay overdrafts and will return such items or decline such payments, purchases or withdrawals.
What are overdraft and NSF fees?
Overdraft fees and non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees occur when you make a purchase that exceeds your account balance. When we cover an overdrawn payment you will incur an overdraft fee. There are also times when we will return your item (such as a check or ACH transaction) unpaid, in which case you will be charged an NSF fee.
Why am I charged these fees?
An overdraft or NSF fee is charged if you make a transaction or withdrawal that is greater than the available funds in your account. Please note that your available funds are not the same as your account balance. Because we process transactions at the close of business, your available funds may not reflect transactions that you have made throughout the day.
In what order do you process payments?
At Comerica we process credits before debits. A number of transactions, including Check Card and ATM withdrawals/transfers, will post according to the authorization date and time followed by checks and other withdrawals, from the highest to the lowest dollar amount.
How can I avoid these fees?
The best way to avoid overdraft and NSF fees is to make sure that you have the available funds to cover all your purchases. Keep tabs on your account balances by reviewing your account statement or with Comerica Web Banking® and Comerica Mobile Banking®, and give yourself an extra cushion to leave room for the occasional mistake. When these options are not possible, AOP may provide you a less costly method of protecting your account from overdrafts.
Still have questions about how this will affect your accounts? Ask a Comerica representative by visiting your local Comerica banking center or calling 877.883.3434 today.