Section 1031 of the Interval Revevue Code permits investors to dispose of an existing property and acquire another “like-kind” investment and defer income on the transaction.
Comerica will work with you to provide a structure to achieve a qualified deferral, strategic reinvestment into the replacement property, and a competitive return on the tax deferred proceeds.
Your team of exchange specialists is dedicated to supporting you and your business. We have the resources to handle any size transaction from the individual investor up to publicly traded companies.
- Forward exchanges
- Reverse exchanges
- Build-to-suit exchanges
Asset Types: Real Property
- Commercial, office and retail
- Industrial and warehouse
- Single and multi-dwelling residential
- Undeveloped and vacant parcels
- Oil, gas and mineral interests
- Mines and quarries
- Leasehold improvements
Asset Types: Personal Property
- Yachts and ships
- Fleet vehicles
- Shipping containers and railcars
- Construction equipment
- Machinery and equipment
- Gas and oil production equipment
- Licensing and distribution agreements
- Antiques, art and collectables