Comerica's captive insurance specialists can help you bypass commercial insurance market and purchase insurance directly from reinsurance companies at a lower cost.
Backed by over $60 billion in total assets, Comerica is one of the largest, most highly rated, NAIC-approved financial institutions. We also have over $5 billion in credit commitments, assets in custody, and assets under management to the captive industry.
Our ability to provide customized financial solutions, including letters of credit, custody, and investment management, is recognized throughout the captive industry.
With our full-service capabilities and worldwide banking connections, we provide complete financial solution for captives.
Types of risk insured against:
- Property and casualty
- General and product liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Automobile liability
- Medical malpractice
- Risk selection
- Parent company can structure the type and amount of risk you wish to retain
- Include risks that are currently uninsurable or insurable only at prohibitive costs
- Risks that you do not retain for your own account can be covered in the reinsurance market
- Improved cash flow
- Maintain control of your premium payments and direct the management of those funds according to your own investment strategy
- Maximize the yield on the portfolio and structure the maturities to meet your cash flow requirements
- Protection against price fluctuations
- Stabilize your risk management costs
- Coordinated risk management
- Industry associations or subsidiaries without a multi-corporate structure are able to band together for group funding
- Consolidation of coverage and centralization of administrative support are cost-effective strategies in an increasingly competitive world
Major domiciles including
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- South Carolina
- Washington D.C.