At Comerica, we are committed to supporting the communities in which we serve. This includes an ongoing effort to enhance local and regional business climates through various initiatives, like our Comerica Supplier Diversity Program.
The Comerica Supplier Diversity Program helps foster the growth of small and minority-owned companies in Michigan, California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, and across the nation. As a large, national corporation, we rely upon an ever-increasing network of business partners to meet the needs of our customers. A growing number of these partners meet the Comerica Supplier Diversity Program criteria.
A firm qualifies as a minority supplier when it operates as an independent business entity which is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by U.S. Citizens who are members of one or more of the following groups:
- African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Pacific
- Americans, Indian Americans and other individuals found to be qualified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) under 13 CFR 124.105. Native Americans, as used in this provision, means American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts and native Hawaiians
- Disabled individuals
- Service Disabled Veterans
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender
Comerica's policy is to encourage the establishment and growth of minority suppliers through technical assistance and placement of business where appropriate. With a focus on building long-lasting business relationships, supplier selection is based on:
- Quality products and services
- Competitive pricing
- Adherence to delivery schedules
- Becoming a supplier to Comerica
Potential minority suppliers may be invited to meet with Comerica representatives for a discussion regarding their products and services. When necessary, we will provide minority suppliers with the technical assistance and information to assist them in becoming corporate suppliers. In addition, technical, financial or other assistance may be provided through Comerica's internal departments which have the necessary expertise.
If you are interested in becoming a supplier of Comerica, please complete and submit our online Company Profile form
, or contact a program coordinator in your area:
- Michigan/National/Western markets: 248.371.5291
- Texas market: 214.462.6828
Comerica's ongoing support of initiatives to help foster the growth and success of minority-owned businesses is reflected in our support of the following organizations:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC - www.nmsdc.org) and its regional councils
- The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO - www.nawbo.org)
- The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- The Michigan Minority Business Development Council
- Dallas Fort Worth Minority Business Development Council
- The Southern California Regional Purchasing Council
- The Northern California Supplier Development Council
- "Managing Your Business", a no-cost workshop series, incorporating: informative publications for the entrepreneur and our corporate customers; and, various other regional and national organizations dedicated to the advancement of minority business development in our market areas.
Comerica has been recognized locally and nationally for our commitment to diversity. In addition to having been named “Corporation of the Year – Financial and Insurance Services Sector” 10 times since 1993, Comerica was ranked second by Hispanic Business magazine on its 2012 “Supplier Diversity Top 25” list.
Comerica was also included among the 40 companies on Black Enterprise magazine’s “Top Companies for Diversity” list four of the last five years, and DiversityInc, a national publication focused on best business practices for successful diversity management, recently ranked Comerica third among their “Top 10 Regional Companies for Diversity.” Comerica was also named one of Hispanic Business magazine's 2011 “Best Companies for Hispanics” and was recognized by LATINA Style magazine as being among the "50 Best Companies for Latinas to Work” in 2011.